Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Miracle (Series)

Year: 2016
Country: South Korea
Genre: Romance/Comedy
Number of episodes: 12
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's been a long time since I last gave a review. It's sad 'cause I've watched a lot of series and movies, and I wasn't able to write down my own review.
I could do it now but I don't like writing reviews about a movie/series I have watched even a day old. The fresher it is, the better the review (or at least that's how it is for me)
Anyway~ I just finished watching “The Miracle”.
I've watched this because I am a simple fangirl.
I see my babies, I watch.
But regardless of who's in the drama, I will try my best not to be biased. By the way, this is a web drama.
Personal Review Time~!!!
The story isn't original and, I have to admit, a bit overused in Korean dramas (even in other Asian dramas) but not many dramas were able to use it well. So thumbs up to the writer of this drama. (OwO)b
I'm talking about "the switching bodies" plot. It's easy to create a film with this content, but it gets boring eventually plus could lead to A LOT of inconsistencies in the long run.
I couldn't write that much about this drama since it's a pretty short one but here are my thoughts about it.
It's refreshingly simple.
When you have a "switching bodies" concept/idea, most people tend to create a really complicated plot and twists that, although entertaining, is a bit too much with a lot of plot holes.
I used the term "refreshing" mainly because the people who switched were twin sisters and they didn't exactly switch to fall in love with someone. Romance was just something that fell into places.
There was a clear development in terms of understanding what the other was going through which is nice. It's not heavy nor is it light. This is one of the main reason why I like the drama.
It also showcase a close image of how a normal day looks like in different perspective.
Don't be too fooled by how easy and light-ish this drama is. There are so many things going on in it.
The classic bullying, how society easily classifies one's worth by one's look, standing up to one's self and their wants, knowing your self worth, believing in the people around you, family, and being who you are.
"It's not living if I'm living your life."
That isn't the exact quote, however, it has the same context as what the older twin said.
Many people forget who they are to grasp the idea of fame and being "a part" of society's socially acceptable clique.
Now if you've noticed, romance isn't there despite bearing the romance genre.
Yes, there is some romance going on. Some key points in this genre (from the drama) is to know whether he/she loves you for who you are, and how far would you go to save or ensure the smile of your lover.
Since I am already on the romance side of the drama, I would also like to point out what probably bothers me.
You guys are probably thinking that I'm a bitter person since I almost (if not all the time) always criticize the romance genre of what I've watched. I'm honestly not. I just find these things a little to stretchy and it's not like I don't believe that those romantic stuff doesn't happen.
I seriously chased after a guy I like to the airport just to see him one last time before he leaves.
One of the things that bothers me is how one of the main guys suddenly liking one of the main girls after her change in attitude. The girl was seriously dissing him and he starts crushing on her? He's either crazy or a masochist (no offense).
Another is how the girl ended the relationship or at least how they showed how she ended the relationship.
It was too simple that it's honestly cruel if it happened in real life. One day you guys are the cheesiest overly in love couple, the next day she breaks up with you saying "I don't like you anymore". Wow. I mean I get that they switched back, but come on. There has to be a better way to break the relationship.
The next one isn't really a major thing, just something that sorts of bothers me. I get the idea that if you wish for something, there has to be something in exchange. In the drama, that means someone has to get hurt. In one of the wishes, someone unrelated to the lead got hurt sooooo does that mean it's at random?
Lastly, the lip sync in the end was a little overly stretched that it's already unbelievable. I have no idea how they are supposed to fix it but watching it, anyone would understand when I say something's wrong with it.
Now to give a short summary of what I think about this drama:
It's relaxing drama with good content. It has some wrinkles here and there, but it doesn't ruin the complete image of it. It's a good drama to pass time when you don't feel like watching something heavy, but want to watch something.
That's all I have to say for this drama. Once again, this review is based on my personal opinion so it's pretty subjective.
'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment